Monday 24 October 2011

Assignment - Model 2 - Darth Vader's TIE Fighter

My second model is Darth Vader's TIE Fighter. To create this, I will use my original TIE Fighter as a starting point, however I will have to make some elements from scratch. Below are the Blueprints that I used for Darth Vader's TIE Fighter;




Again, with the previous model, I placed the blueprints by putting the bitmap material on planes and alligning them up. As the body is very similar to the TIE Fighters, I have decided to reuse my TIE fighters body. So now I have my body already, I just need to create the wings and the wing joints. The wing joints are also very similar, But so that it doesnt look too similar to my TIE Fighter, ive given the wings more depth and scaled them in the Y direction so that they are larger than the original TIE fighters. Here is the new wing joints with the body attatched;
To create the wings, I used similar techniques as i did throughout the previous model. I created a NGon and then I extruded and moved the verticies to match the side view blueprint. As the wings for Darth Vader's TIE Fighter are bent at the top, I just moved them the same way as I did with the main shape of the wing and alligned them with the front facing blueprint. Now to add some details I split the outside of the wing to multiple horizontal polygons using the slice plane tool, using extrude to pull some outwards. The middle panels on the wing that line up with the wing joint that comes through wing. Here is one of the wings complete;
Now i just need to Mirror the wing in the X direction so that I have two wings. And there it is, my DarthVader's TIE Fighter is complete. This shows that using efficient modeling, I can make good quality  models, using half the time that it could have taken me to create everything from scratch. Here is my Darth Vader's TIE Fighter;

No comments:

Post a Comment